Monday, March 22, 2010

Parents and Family

Today clerk a patient with leg swelling. I am now not focusing on his main problem, but the issue that he suddenly raised up just now.

Instead of I questioning of his condition, he also asked me about my family. During our conversation, he mentioned about a chinese new year advertisment by Petronas few years back, about parents and family.

The scene was about a few aunties sitting in front of old folks home, chatting in Hokkien. All of them told to each other how clever and how rich thier children earn each months. In the end, there was only the son of the quietest and poorest aunty come to visit his mother.

The aunty said this before she left.

'My son comes to fetch me already. He likes to bring me TOGETHER anywhere they go...'

The advertisment ends with the jealousy and sadness of the aunties who show off about their children's achievement just now.

The only 10 minutes short story brings a lot of meanings inside there. I am sure that everyone will be touched or suddenly realises their mistakes after watching this.

The uncle used this example to advise me not to forget about our parents because we are brought up by them, since we were small. Many young generations forgot their parents after they works or marry. He had reminded me that I have not gone back hometown for almost one month. Each weekend, I always tell them that I am too busy, got a lot of classes and no time to go back home. Sometimes, I only go back after 3-4 months, although the journey just takes 4 hours.

'You can choose your gf or bf again, but you only have one father and mother. So must appreciate them'

After the conversation, I realised that it's time to express our love to our parents, not just physically. A simply phone call or visit wouldn't spend us too much but these are very meaningful to my old parents who miss us so much.

I love you, daddy & mummy~

No comments:

Post a Comment