Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Childhood memories

Yesterday night I dreamt about my childhood, my kindergarden time. I did not have much clear memory of that period. What I can remember was just in pieces, it needs effort to join them all. However, my kindergarden teachers, I would not able forget them at all.

I started my formal education in a small kindergarden in Mak Mandin, Butterworth. That time I had not moved to my current house yet. It was the only kindergarden available during that time, I think. Many kids were sent there to study. The specialties of my kindergarden are we did not have formal uniform. I still remember the dialect we used was Hokkien. Awaresome right? Thankful that I still able to talk in Hokkien and proud of that.

There were 3 teachers during that time. The most 'popular' among students was our English teacher. Actually I don't know her real name, but everyone keeps calling her 'teacher'. She is one of my classmates' mother, in which her son become my childhood best friends after that. She is fierce and strict. We are afraid of her, but sometime will talk behind of her. I am glad that she was nice to me during that time and I became her favourite student. Years later, I knew from my mother that teacher told her that she likes me so much, because I was obedient, not like her own son, which was a naughty boy. ^^

张老师,teacher's sister, she taught us Mandarin. Although she have some deformity, but she was a nice teacher. At least she was not too fierce and patient enough. I can't recall any event that she scolded students. People said all tall building must have good basic. I was able to communicate well in Mandarin now, her contributions should not be wiped off. Hope that she can rest well in heaven now because she had passed away a few years ago. Thank you so much, 张老师。

There was another 李老师,in my memory, she taught us Mathematics. She was also another kind teacher, with full of patience. I like her so much too.

There was an annual sports day in the kindergarden, which was a big event to me last time. We were arranged into 4 or 5 groups according to colour: red, yellow, green, blue and white. And as I remembered, green team was always the big winner, which I was one of member in that team, hehe. Although the prizes given were just stationary, I kept them as the most important presents and not willing to use them.

There were lots of good memories in my childhood and I feel bad of myself because of my poor memory capability. Hope that I can enjoy again my stressless and joyful childhood time.

No comments:

Post a Comment